Registration for the SLIP Ireland Student Conference 2017 is now open! Head over to our Eventbrite page to register for your free ticket.
The theme this year is “Connecting the Dots: From Study to Practice” and we have a great line-up including presentations and posters from current students and recent graduates, not one but two panel discussions about library school, research and practice, and of course time for tea, coffee & refreshments.
We look forward to welcoming you to Dublin City Library on Saturday 25th, tickets are limited to please book early to avoid disappointment!
Check out our event page on the blog to keep up to date with the conference schedule and read more about our presenters and sponsors.
Image credit Dublin City Public Libraries
On the 25th of February 2017 SLIP Ireland are delighted to be holding our Second Annual Student Conference. Submissions are now open for current students and graduates of the last three years from any library qualification (UCD, DBS, Ulster University, distance learning). This year we are extending submission to students and graduates of Archival Studies, Archives and Records Management and Digital Humanities.
The theme of the conference is “Connecting The Dots: From Study to Practice”. We are open to a broad interpretation of the theme and welcome presentations on topics including (but not limited to):
- Comparing the theory and practice of librarianship
- First professional jobs
- Balancing education and work
- Communities of practice
- Transferable skills
- Working in non-traditional libraries
- The job market/emigration
- Should be no more than 10 minutes
- May have a PowerPoint, Keynote, Google Slides, Prezi of PDF visual presentation format. If you would like to use another format please check with us by emailing email@example.com
- Should be A1 size
- Professionally printed (at your own expense)
- For help with designing your poster take a look at this excellent blog post written by Jenny O’Neill for the Library Association of Ireland Career Development Group.
Sign up with the submission form here!