The fourth SLIP Ireland annual student conference is getting closer – only three days to go! We would like to thank our sponsor, the Dublin Business School Library. It’s thanks to the kind generosity of DBS library that we are able to keep the SLIP Ireland conference going and free for attendees.
A very special thank you to Marie O’Neill.
You can keep up to date with what’s going on in DBS Library here, follow the Library @DBSLibraryTwits and follow the @DBSLibraryMSc while you’re at it.
The fourth SLIP Ireland annual student conference is now only three days away and we would like to thank our silver sponsor, the School of Information and Communication Studies, UCD. Both Clare and Helena are graduates of ICS (then known as SILS) and have had such wonderful support from all there ever since.
A special thank you to Kalpana Shankar, Claire McGuinness, Claire Nolan & Lisa Gaffney.
You can visit the school website here and follow them on Twitter @UCD_iSchool.
Thank you to our new sponsor, UCD Students’ Union! Both Helena and Clare are graduates of UCD and many of our speakers and attendees over the past four years have been UCD students. We are delighted to bring them on board as our sponsor this year.
Special thanks to Education Officer Stephen Crosby.
Follow UCDSU work on their website, Facebook or Twitter.
The fourth SLIP Ireland annual student conference is just five days away and we would like to thank our silver sponsor, the Library Association of Ireland. The LAI have been so supportive of SLIP Ireland and we really appreciate all the help they have given us. Without this assistance the SLIP Ireland conference would simply not be possible.
A special thank you to Lorna Dodd and Niall O’Brien.
Visit the LAI website here and follow them on Twitter @LAIonline.
We are delighted to announce the schedule for the 4th annual SLIP Ireland Student Conference, which is happening next Saturday 23rd February!
Tickets are still available on Eventbrite (they’re free!)
Want to learn more about our speakers? Check out our Lightning Presenter bios here.
10:30 Welcome Remarks
10:45 Lightning Presentations
- Lisa Gardner Reflective writing for professional practice and publication
- Emma Doran Packing A Punch: Publishing Poster Presentations
- Michael Kurzmeier One Team, many Authors – Types and Translations of Authorship
- Niki Naponse Indigenous Knowledge Management
11:45 Sponsor Presentation
11:50 Academic Panel Discussion
- Claire McGuinness UCD
- Jessica Bates Ulster University
- Tony Murphy DBS
- Elizabeth Mullins UCD
13:00 Lunch (provided)
14:00 Lightning Presentations
- Pete Hicks Making Content Marketing Work for Your Library and Your Career
- Lauren Sneyd My experience as an intern in UCD and my introduction to the library world
- Aisling Smith & Olga O’Laoghaire Three Centuries in Patents: Books and Blogs of a Patent Librarian
- Nuala Roche Kilkenny Digital Collection: re-framing theatre content for a general audience
15:00 Sponsor Presentation
15:05 Practitioner Panel Discussion
- Jane Burns AIT
- Orla Fitzpatrick Jacolette
- Fiona Kearney IRMS
- Niamh Ni Charra ARA Ireland
16:15 Closing Remarks
For abstracts of lightning presentations read more after the jump!